Heidi was asked to give a short talk about goals for "Emblem Night."
Last fall, when my mom was dropping me off at school one morning, I noticed how dirty the playground looked. There was trash everywhere! It made me sad that people weren't taking care of our school and the earth. I made a goal to do something about it. I talked to the kids in my class, and we decided to clean up together. My classmates Rose, Brayden, Maddie, Jillian, Bethany, Tyce, and Will all came to school on a Saturday morning with their families, and together we picked up all the garbage on both playgrounds, the fields, and the parking lot. It looked beautiful when we were all done!
One lesson that I learned from this experience is that when we have goals, it is a good idea to have help. Maybe I could have picked up all the trash by myself, but it would have been hard and taken a really long time. With the help of my friends and their families, the work went very quickly, and we had a lot of fun together!
The Youth Guidebook says, "Your growth is up to you, but you aren't meant to do it alone. Your Heavenly Father wants to help you, and you can ask your parents, your leaders, and friends for help. ... Heavenly Father wants His children to love and support each other." So when you make goals, you can ask for help from your family, your church leaders, and your friends. I am excited to be in Young Women's now so that I can help the members of my class accomplish their goals, and they can help me accomplish mine. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment