There are a lot of cemeteries around Toledo. The other day, we drove past a cemetery and Lizzie asked, "What's that?" I tried to give a simple explanation on the fly: "When we die, our spirits go to heaven and our bodies are buried in the cemetery." We talked a little about Jesus and how he was resurrected, and that because he was resurrected we can someday be resurrected too. Anyway, today we drove past the cemetery again, and Lizzie said: "Jesus was buried in a cemetery." "Yep," I said, "and after three days he lived again." Confused, Lizzie asked, "Jesus lives in Michigan?" (We had a discussion earlier that day about how Michael and Daniel live in Michigan, and to her I guess "lived again" sounded an awful lot like "Michigan.") :)
***
Last night we were sitting in a chair together and reading scriptures. I had just gotten home from my temple recommend interview and still had a dress on. Lizzie looked at my stomach and asked: "Mommy, why is your tummy so big? Are you going to have a baby?" Nope, I'm not! But I guess I need to lay off on the sweets and stop wearing that dress. (Ha ha.)
No comments:
Post a Comment