Friday, July 14, 2017

Pioneer Farms

Six months ago I bought a Groupon to check this place out. I should have used it in the spring, because it was uncomfortably hot today... But still really great. We'll have to go back again in the fall so that we can explore some more.


Longhorns!
The 19th-century cabin in the background was built by German immigrants to Austin, the Krugers. They lived there with their 13 kids. (It's one room with a loft.)

This oak tree is 500+ years old and has a line down the middle from when it was hit by lightning. (Nor and Al know how much I love old trees, lol.)

This was a middle-class home built a few years later by a family who had been in the area for a few decades. It's built "dog trot" style with a breezeway between the two parts of the house.




No comments:

Post a Comment