Scott and Owen, headed out on their first campout together:
Can I just brag on this kid for a little bit? Lately he does this thing where he comes up behind me when I'm sitting on the floor. He wraps his little arms around me--of course they only make it about half way around--lays his head on my upper back, and says "Hugs," or "I love you, Momma." It just melts my heart! He also gives the best kisses. He says, "Kisses" or "Mouth," and gives me a kiss on the cheek. He's also a good cuddler, although he's becoming less cuddly as he gets older. (He doesn't usually want to hold still for that long anymore.)
When I was in labor with him and I was hooked up to fetal monitors, two separate nurses commented that he was a happy baby. They said something about how you can tell from the heart beat. That has proved to be true. He is so easy going and generally happy. (He doesn't like sharing though; he gets really mad when he has to share with Jimmy or other kids. Not sure how he does in Nursery.) He turns two next week, so we'll see if the "Terrible Twos" ruin his disposition.
Lately he'll take me by the hand and guide me wherever he wants to go--usually to play trains with him in the toy room. He asks to go outside ("soccer ball"), to the library, and to the dinosaur park a lot. (We've only been to the dinosaur park once, but apparently it made an impression.)
In the last week or so he's taken up joke telling. The girls are into knock knock jokes as of late (although they don't quite get the concept), so Owen has picked up on it. He says, "Joke!" Then, "Knock knock." I'll say, "Who's there?" Then he says, "Uh, uh, uh, uh, [insert random word here]!"
He's also a good helper. He likes to retrieve things and says, "Here you
go!" He doesn't fight me on nap time or bed time, he likes to take baths, and he is just an
all-around good kid. We sure are lucky to have him! I'm a little bummed that he won't be getting a little brother in three weeks like we had planned, but I guess we'll just have to spoil him as our baby for a while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment